Why Should You Consider Listing During the Holiday Season?
The holidays are actually a great time for you to sell your home. Here are five reasons why.
With the holiday season right around the corner, I wanted to spend a moment talking about putting your home on the market for sale during the holidays. While that may not sound like a prudent idea, think again.
Back in 1999, I had my very first $1 million closing month in December. Back then, my broker told me it was because there just weren’t many agents working hard in December. However, I’ve been able to sell plenty of homes during this month over the years and here are five reasons why:
1. Only serious buyers are looking. If you have your house listed from January through October, there’s a 10% chance a buyer that comes through your home will make you an offer. In December, any buyer that comes through your home will be serious and there’s up to a 50% chance that they’ll make you an offer.
2. Selling during the holidays allows you to buy in the new year. Selling now means that you’ll be able to make an offer when all your neighbors put their home on the market for sale and probably get a better deal because of it.
"Our team is extremely busy right now."
3. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays. They’re also more likely to pay your asking price.
4. You can restrict showings during actual holiday weeks. It’s much easier to give two-day notice for a showing during this month.
5. We’re still extremely busy. We’ve written about one contract per day this month.
If you’re thinking about selling your home, give us a call or send us an email. We’ll come out and take a look at your home, give you our opinion on its value, and even give you a $100 Amazon gift card if you do decide to hire us before the end of the year.
If you have any questions in the meantime, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
See how much your home would sell for, today.
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Step 1
- Step 2
Thank you! Your home value is on it's way!
Planning to sell this year? Learn more about our options